We are looking for community groups and individuals to assist in the cleaning and polymer sorting of lids that are collected through our Collection Points.
Through our partnerships, and to achieve our mission, we seek to establish Sorting Centres across communities, rescuing lids from landfill and providing meaningful and purposeful activities to aged care, retirement villages, disability services, and other community organisations.
WHY WE NEED YOUR HELP
- We rely on our work within the community to support those that support us, our aged care and disability residents
- Our lids are colour sorted by individuals who may be immunocompromised so clean lids are a MUST
- Sorting plastic by type (2s, 4s, 5s) can be difficult for some of our community with the small numbers on the lids
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Get a group of friends or a community group together
- Ensure all lids are clean with inserts and stickers removed
- Sort lids by plastic type (2s, 4s, 5s & unknown)
- The greater number of lids we can have cleaned, and polymer sorted, the greater the impact we can all have
- Notify RRC to take lids for colour sorting at one of our participating aged care & disability Sorting Centres
Interested in becoming a Collection Point and/or Sorting Centre?
Please email us at email@example.com